Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

2447Re: Breasthooks? Kneebraces?

Expand Messages
  • luckettg1
    Sep 12, 2009
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Lloyd Sumpter <lsumpter@...> wrote:
      > I'm building an 8ft rowing dinghy (sort of Jaques Mertens' D4, but
      > modified), and I'm about to add braces between the sides and the stern
      > transom. You know, those small triangular things. I've been referring to
      > them as "breasthooks", but I see technically those are on the bow.
      > They're not "kneebraces" because those are vertical braces for the transom.
      > So, what DO you call them?
      > druid
      > http://www.bcboatnet.org
      Quarter knees.
      Are you building the Prameke 7'-8", PK78?
      Greg Luckett
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic