Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

2444Re: [AtkinBoats] Breasthooks? Kneebraces?

Expand Messages
  • huttbldr@aol.com
    Sep 12, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      On Atkins Russell R he called them "quarter knees"
      In a message dated 9/12/2009 1:07:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, lsumpter@... writes:

      I'm building an 8ft rowing dinghy (sort of Jaques Mertens' D4, but
      modified), and I'm about to add braces between the sides and the stern
      transom. You know, those small triangular things. I've been referring to
      them as "breasthooks" , but I see technically those are on the bow.
      They're not "kneebraces" because those are vertical braces for the transom.

      So, what DO you call them?

      http://www.bcboatne t.org

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic