243Re: Eric (the elder?)

  • roninpnw
    Jun 30, 2004
      John,

      Those are very nice little boats. I especially love the sweeping
      shear on Handy Andy, it'd look great bobbing behind Ronin (I wonder
      if she'd need to have the mast moved to fit a spritsail... I'd like
      to store shorter spars). One of my main concerns in any tender would
      be that it's beachable. And I don't mean velvety sand, I mean
      wherever I may end up (in Puget Sound for now, which is varied and
      nasty enough). I fear canvas would take a licking... I have a bit of
      trepidation changing building plans, since I'm rather new at this.
      One thought I had, simply with a flat-bottom boat, which I've seen
      done quite regularly, is to encase the floor and chines in
      fiberglass. Now that I think about it, that would be feasible with a
      canvas boat, but would lose that canvas texture up close. And it's
      blasphemous, I know, but what am I to do?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic