      Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:41 PM
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] New member question.

      I am interested in building a boat for a large lake, shoal draft exploring. The boat must be rather low to clear a couple of low bridges. Locally, pontoons will not clear, bass boat types will. So far, I feel like the Rescue Minor will be a good choice, but it's a little longer than I can build comfortably in the space I have available. I like the plywood construction for trailering. Also trailering and launching would be easier with a shorter boat. Perhaps one or two passengers would be all that would be necessary.

      So..Rescue Minor would be my choice, but longer than I prefer. Given the 900 or so designs in the Atkins portfolio I hope the members can help me find a similar but shorter design.

      Sincerely:
      Paul T

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic

    »