2393Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Thistle and raised deck

  • lon wells
    Aug 10 10:05 AM
      --- On Sun, 8/9/09, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
      "We talked about the old hippy   who'd owned her, and lived aboard her for many, many years. The new owner  said, "the trouble was that Lee tried to solve a  housing problem with a sailboat." Does it make sense to build a seagoing sailboat, one that could   easily sail 'round the World, to solve a housing problem?"

      Yes it does. So much of our lives are about dreams and emotion. While we might drudge away our lives at some job for a living having that live board sail boat gives us the dream of freedom. Very few sailboats, sail around the world or make large passages. Most live a life at the dock going on day sails, weekend getaways and yearly vacations. The few that leave on a world passage usually go broke somewhere and don't make it. We all need to live somewhere so if we live where we can have the dream of freedom it adds to our value of life.
      Lon
      "That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a
      keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship
      needs. But what a ship is... what the Black Pearl
      really is... is freedom" - Capt. Jack Sparrow
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic