2374Re: [AtkinBoats] New member. waffling on plans

  • Bill Oakes
    Jul 17, 2009
      July 17, 2009

      For Mario Korf:

      If you have decided on an outboard, I would suggest that you eliminate the XLNC on your list of Atkin boats as a possibility. I have just finished the XLNC and built it just as designed and with an old Palmer inboard as spec'd by Atkin. The boat performs beautifully. But I would strongly suggest not putting an outboard on this design (weight, trim, etc). You can see how my XLNC looks on the photo site.

      Bill Oakes