2348Re: [AtkinBoats] Plans- tunnel hulls

  • boatnews@aol.com
    Jun 30, 2009
      Hi Alan,

      Curious if you or anyone could tell me when the Nanuk III was designed
      during this timeline and if anyone has construction or operations experiences
      that they could share regarding the Nanuk III.

      In a message dated 6/29/2009 4:57:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      alan@... writes:

      HI Tom,

      Rescue Minor and Shoals Runner are very similar as you suggest. Mr William
      used the same hull shape, in a number of different lengths, over many
      years. I am building a River Belle, which is the same shape again, but 36'
      long. I had no trouble lofting the Offsets Table into a set of workable
      plans, and the Plan/Profile drawings I received from Pat Atkin supplied the
      remainder of the details.

      I notice that the Shoals Runner has a slightly more complex shape in the
      after part of the chine, but otherwise seems very much the same as Rescue
      Minor. Given that Mr William continuously refined his Tunnel Stern designs
      over the years, the only significant difference may be that Shoals Runner
      from 1958 and Rescue Minor from 1944 and were any improvements made, then
      the later design would be the better choice.

      Just a thought.

      1944 - 1958