2282Re: MotorSkiff

  • Tom Hesselink
    Mar 1, 2009
      Dan, I'm gonna agree with John here. There is little hope of that
      design planing so I'd guess that 1 HP electric is all you will need
      to push to hull speed. I too have been looking at the MotoSkiff for
      electric power--won't get to it for a while yet as there are plenty
      of projects ahead on the list in need of a check mark. I wish you
      the best with the boat. Keep us all informed of progress.

      > Thats a mighty big motor to be putting in MoToSkiff! She's designed
      for
      > small, light engines like the about 1 3/4 hp. B&S model A. Sixteen
      Too
      > would better handle the power, and the weight of the batteries. I
      think 8
      > hp. electric would be too much for Sixteen Too, too, for that
      matter...
      > People use electric motor that size for powering pretty sizeable
      boats!

      > On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 05:08:31 -0800, Dan wrote:
      >
      > > I dont think anyone has built one of these little guys in quite a
      few
      > > years My 8 year old son and I will be starting one soon we will be
      > > powering it with am 8hp 48v electric motor. It will be used for
      > > trolling for big trout here in Connecticut, any input from other
      > > builders would be greatly appreciated
      > > thanks
      >
      > --
      > John <jkohnen@...>
      > A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is
      > a superstition. <Jose Bergamin>

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic