2267Re: [AtkinBoats] MotorSkiff

    Feb 15, 2009
      Thats a mighty big motor to be putting in MoToSkiff! She's designed for
      small, light engines like the about 1 3/4 hp. B&S model A. Sixteen Too
      would better handle the power, and the weight of the batteries. I think 8
      hp. electric would be too much for Sixteen Too, too, for that matter...
      People use electric motor that size for powering pretty sizeable boats!

      On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 05:08:31 -0800, Dan wrote:

      > I dont think anyone has built one of these little guys in quite a few
      > years My 8 year old son and I will be starting one soon we will be
      > powering it with am 8hp 48v electric motor. It will be used for
      > trolling for big trout here in Connecticut, any input from other
      > builders would be greatly appreciated
      > thanks

      A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is
      a superstition. <Jose Bergamin>
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic