2262Re: Gwen o' the River

  • Steve
    Feb 9, 2009
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
      wrote:

      > I looked at all three of the Atkins sternwheeler designs but they
      > didn't offer what I wanted. I looked at all kinds of house boats and
      > some where close but just not right. Then I spent a year and a half
      > exploreing old and new sternwheelers and started designing my owen.
      > When it comes to this thread I like you are just tossing out thoughts.
      >
      > Jon
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <classiccraft@> wrote:

      Yeah, I'm with you there...started out wanting a houseboat, then
      realised it would be a lot more useful if it could travel at 7 knots
      with small horsepower , and do coastal passages in safety and comfort.
      Oh,...and could sail.Couldn't find plans to suit, so just started
      building. Still only got a pencil sketch on a piece of ply (added).
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic