2255Re: Gwen o' the River

  • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
    Feb 8, 2009
      Nice job on Extream Hope Steve. In the lady I am thinking twolayers
      of 3/8" may be enough for the bottom cold molded with the sides 1/2"
      deck 1/2" the cabin sides 3/8" and 1/2" cabbin top all depending on
      stringer and frame spacing. Heavy glass the bottom and sides with 16-
      18Oz. of glass deck and cabbin top with 6 Oz. and cabbin sides with 3-
      3.5 Oz. I would do the hull upside down it makes cold molding and
      glassing easyer. --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
      <classiccraft@...> wrote:
      > Well, I am all for conversion to modern materils. They are lighter,
      > stronger and make the build quicker and easier.
      True "traditionalists "
      > will no doubt disagree with me, but I'm OK with that. The end
      > looks just like the original, but will most likely perform better
      > require less maintenance.
      > FYI, the extended "Hope" in my photos has a 1/2" sheet ply bottom
      > two layers of 3/16" ply laid double diagonally on the topsides. The
      > frames are 3" x 3/4", and the stringers are 1" x 3/4". There are
      > two floor height girders (1/2" ply)running nearly the full length
      > the boat.
      > For "Lady of the Lake", I would suggest 2 x 1/2" ply for the bottom
      > single 1/2" topsides. This boat could easily be built upright..
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic