2225Re: sternwheeler

  • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
    Jan 7, 2009
      The wheel arms are what the wheel shaft bearings set on. Most modern
      drives in all the links posted are pully to jackshaft then chain to the
      wheel. Many with a oil bath chain reduction transfer case in the
      system. Chains take a beating and belts save drive trains when the
      wheel gets fouled by a snag. Take a closer look in the links at what is
      being done and info on systems.

      Jon

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Michael Walther <michawalth3@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, Just thought to add this idea to the mix. Instead of wheel
      arms, one might use chain & sprocket (newer tech) as in motor cycle.
      When I was a kid, I had an old three speed bike with a chain guard that
      covered the whole mechanism, I guess that helped keep out the elements
      as well as for safety. Thanks, Mike
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic