2220Re: sternwheeler

  • my48cj2a
    Jan 6, 2009
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jon & Wanda(Tink)" <windyjon@...>
      > I can see when it was desinged that it would be hard to trailer at
      > time. Now adays with over size permits and a good trailer it
      > be a problem. A lot bigger boats then these are moved all the time.
      > Some things may need to be planed for when it comes to hight on
      > and support of stern or wheel but that still should not keep it
      > being trailered. The real question is if it can't be trailered how
      > would the average person not liveing on the water get it to the
      > With a will there is a way.
      > Jon

      > > Palm Bay Fla. I E-Mailed the Atkins website and they told me they
      > > were not for trailering. I think they pretty much blew me off and
      > > quit talking to me about it. I wanted to build a small
      > > That was shallow running around 22x8 feet. There are not any
      > > here on the intercostal waterway. When a hurricane comes I would
      > > to move it.

      Seems like someone could have come up with a set of plans on the net
      buy now.A weekender for two and possibly a grandchild.Or plans for a
      sternwheel drive unit(I guess it is called that)I saw a nice electric
      one on youtube.It looked like a small landing craft.Maybe 22 feet
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic