2169Re:Woodenboat design challange

  • JJ Johnson
    Oct 24, 2008

      > There was an electric launch in a recent wooden boat mag. It's good to
      > see someone is thinking. I also recall an article in wooden boat a
      > long time back where someone took a long displacement hull with a
      > small diesel and was using less than half a gallon per hour at 10
      knots.

      I have been watching the advances in electric boats for several years,
      just waiting for the quantum leep everyone keeps promissing. But all I
      see are the first steps of an infant. For my lifestyle this just is not
      enough, wish it were.

      The Wooden Boat Article you mention about the long displacement boat
      with the small diesel that does 10 knots on 1/2 galon per hour
      definitely got my interest. Do You recall when it was published?

      JJ in TX
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic