2136Re: Victor Slocum

  • Steve
    Sep 30, 2008
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dolph" <johndolph@...> wrote:

      > Even though the Victor Slocum is aesthetically preferable to say
      Bobby
      > M. I would hesitate to put that engine in it. John Atkins warns
      > against using a diesel in a similar skiff named Tom Davin. If don't
      > mind using plywood you could make a cold molded bottom for her from
      > three layers of 3/8th ply bent over a form. The little Yanmar would
      > be more power than Victor Slocum needs and offer less acomodation
      and
      > carrying ability once installed than a larger boat. One of the Sea
      > Bright skiffs would be a good choice for that engine.
      >
      > Mike Dolph
      >
      > Hi Mike,Thanks for that advice about Victor S it is what I needed
      to hear rather than what I wanted to hear ! The boats I identified as
      possibilities are Bobby M,Linny, and to a lesser extent Sixteen
      Two,and June Bug. My building space is good for 17' I have built
      boats in Glued lapstrake Ply .This time I really wanted one tha
      Atkins designed for ply construction. Can you recommend any of the
      other Seabright Skiffs with a solid rather than a Box Deadwood ?
      Thanks for your interest Steve S
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <stevestob@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am a new member from New Zealand, Have come to retirement with
      a need
      > > to keep on building small Boats. I have admired Atkin designs for
      many
      > > years.Is there any information on Victor Slocums biult ,building
      or
      > > intended. My plan would be to use a 1GM Yanmar 8Hp 180 lbs given
      the
      > > lack of small petrol engines down here Advice and any information
      > > appreciated

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic