2012Cypress as a boatbuilding material? Suitable for planking? Help!

  • Jerry Martin
    Jul 16, 2008
      Hi,

      I have the Atkin Freda Himmelmann dory plans and access to some nice air
      dried cypress for a good price. I was wondering if anyone here has
      experience with using this wood as planking for their boat? I would
      appreciate any input. I can also get some clear white pine, albeit at a
      slightly higher price. I have also considered using marine ply as a
      non-traditional material, lapstraked & Epoxied per John and Ruth Ann
      Hill's book.

      Best regards,

      Jerry
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic