1995Re: How To Build A Wooden Boat

  • javadave2
    Jul 7, 2008
      The body plan in the design plans for Vintage (as with most design
      plans) are drawn to the outside of the planking. On the loft,
      the 'deducted body plan' are the additional lines drawn to the inside
      of the planking. The moulds are patterned from these lines. Are
      there other terms for 'deducted body plan'?
      Dave

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "hotwizard44" <hotwizard44@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jkohnen@> wrote:
      > >There are many things I don't know about lofting. What's
      a 'deducted
      > body plan'?
      > > David Clemmer has created an excellent photo essay of the
      building of
      > > Vintage:
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/6y8hee
      > >
      > > They're doing it Right!
      > >
      > > --
      > > John <jkohnen@>
      > > School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole span of
      > > human existence . They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks,
      > > new and unpleasant ordinances, brutal violations of common sense
      > > and common decency. <H. L. Mencken>

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic