1973Howdy

  • Steve
    Jun 2, 2008
      Hi.

      Just found this group, and thought you may be interested in what I built.

      I bought a set of "Hope" plans a while back, and built one.....with
      some changes.

      She ended up at 30ft 8" OA, and a little higher in the topsides ( I
      think about 4 1/2").There was no change to the beam.

      The bottom was 1/2" sheet ply, and the topsides were 2 layers of 3/16"
      ply ( double diagonal).

      Then I put the fuel tanks fwd under the floor, and hid a 90hp ETEC
      Evinrude in a well .

      Oh, yes, did a bit of a redesign on the cabin - slightly more modern.

      Anyway, all good, nice boat that cruises at 18knots - flat out about
      22. Handles and rides very well etc.

      Want more details / pics?
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic