1963Re: [AtkinBoats] Testing Billy Atkin's "Shoals Runner"

  • Ron Butterfield
    May 29, 2008
      On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Kenneth Grome <bagacayboatworks@...>
      wrote:

      > We've been discussing a proposal I made to test and compare
      > Shoals Runner against a more common hull with similar
      > dimensions -- specifically to see which is more efficient
      > at 15 knots using the same inboard propulsion systems.

      Ken, congratulations on your efforts to insert some facts into the
      discussion.

      I have noticed quite a few individuals being twits and making negative
      comments regarding your proposed quest, but these same individuals are
      (mostly) quite stingy with any facts backing up their various claims.

      To all: The renewed popularity of Rescue Minor and it's efficiency
      statements have raised the question regarding it's hull design and
      efficiency. Ken has proposed a test to put facts on the table regarding
      this, and is putting his money (and time and effort) where his mouth is. If
      you want to make negative comments about his test, what are you doing to
      replace it?

      Boating is often an emotional endeavor, and what you as an individual "like"
      can be quite important. Many would-be boaters, however, are limited in
      funds; it takes real money to buy wood, steel, gas, and sailcloth, and it
      would be nice to have a good idea what you are getting before you pay the
      price.

      --
      Regards,
      RonB