1960Re: [AtkinBoats] Testing Billy Atkin's "Shoals Runner"

  • Kenneth Grome
    May 29, 2008

      You cannot force people to accept "shallow draft" as an
      important testing issue. It may be important to you
      personally, but I'm planning these tests for people who
      couldn't care less about the boat's shallow draft.

      Some of us simply want to know -- for a fact -- whether the
      Atkin boats are more or less fuel efficient than the
      others. Unless I'm mistaken, you seem to be "assuming" the
      Atkin boats are less fuel efficient than non-shoal draft
      boats, is this correct?

      If you have some test result to prove this I would be glad
      to see them. Otherwise, I can run my own test and obtain
      my own results. Then instead of making assumptions we will
      have some facts for a change ...

      And facts are the whole point of my proposed tests.

      Ken Grome
      Bagacay Boatworks