1959Re: [AtkinBoats] Testing Billy Atkin's "Shoals Runner"

    May 29, 2008
      But the reason for the tunnel stern is shallow draft. If shallow draft is
      not an issue then you should compare a non-tunnel Atkin V-bottom
      Seabright skiff with more conventional hull forms. The Atkin tunnel-stern
      Seabright skiff will be at a disadvantage if it's competing against hulls
      not designed for similar shallow draft. What'd be the point? Apples and
      oranges... <shrug>

      On Tue, 27 May 2008 20:20:47 -0700, Kenneth G wrote:

      > I agree that it may be desirable in some circumstances to
      > compare two hulls with similar shallow draft
      > characteristics.
      >
      > On the other hand, if shallow draft is not an issue, and
      > when the goal is only to determine the relative efficiency
      > of the two hulls, it certainly makes sense to compare them
      > directly.

      I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.
      <Booker T. Washington>
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic