1956Re: [AtkinBoats] Testing Billy Atkin's "Shoals Runner"

  • lon wells
    May 27, 2008
      It must be remembered the tunnel hull boats are
      shallow draft boats, so they would have to be compared
      to another equal shallow draft boat.

      By Atkin's calculation a non tunnel hull Seabright
      Skiff like Happy Clam performs better than a tunnel
      hull Seabright Skiff
      http://tinyurl.com/345atw

      But if the traditional boat runs aground then the
      tunnel hull wins.
      Lon Wells

      --- Kenneth Grome <bagacayboatworks@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > There are some very intelligent and experienced guys
      > over at
      > the boatdesign.net forum ...
      >
      > We've been discussing a proposal I made to test and
      > compare
      > Shoals Runner against a more common hull with
      > similar
      > dimensions -- specifically to see which is more
      > efficient
      > at 15 knots using the same inboard propulsion
      > systems. If
      > this testing gets off the ground and into the water
      > the
      > results may be interesting to some of you.
      >
      > I created a new Yahoo group to discuss and report on
      > this
      > testing program. I made the message archives
      > visible to
      > everyone so you do NOT have to join if you simply
      > want to
      > go there and see what we are discussing ... but if
      > you want

      > Sincerely,
      > Ken Grome
      > Bagacay Boatworks