1871Rescue Minor load capacity

  • michawalth3
    Apr 6, 2008
      Hi Neil and Group, In WoodenBoat mag. March/April 06 #189 an article
      by an experienced, creative, professional boat builder of high repute:
      Robb White built a Rescue Minor. He said in the article and I quote,
      "When the boat is really loaded down (it will haul all the roofing for
      a 1,000sqft house in one load) it will still plane real well and the
      engine will burn the same amount of fuel." (meaning normal amount of
      fuel) He says, "A little less than a half a gallon an hour at any
      speed." There was no mention of weight, but I would imagine your load
      requirements can be handled well.
      He said his boat was a little bit larger & that his 18hp
      Kubota diesel was plenty of power. It seems he can't say enough good
      stuff about the boat. My opinion is this is the better boat.
      Thanks, Mike
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic