1825Engine not aligned with Keel

  • Alan Boman
    Mar 11, 2008
      Hi Folks,

      I'm currently lofting a set of "River Belle" plans and notice that the
      forward end of the engine centre line is angled laterally off to Port. I
      assume this has been done to offset "prop walk" effects.

      I have just acquired a suitable engine & gearbox which rotates
      anti-clockwise when viewed from astern and will therefore require a Left
      Hand propeller I think. Whilst no comment is made in the description of the
      boat about propeller rotation or the engine offset, I'm assuming that this
      will then require the offset of the engine centreline to be changed to
      Starboard.

      Has anybody any thoughts ?

      Alan.