1778Re: Problem in the Lofting

  • gordocutter_1
    Feb 4, 2008
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Don Douglas" <douglashome@...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks for the help Douglas, one of the numbers of the table for
      example are 2.11¹/²+ that's exactly how is written.Somebody sad that
      the plus and the minus are sixteenths, an others sad that those are
      eights, but the plans that Ihave specified the dimensions in feet's
      and inches, so at the end I just don't now were to go at all.

      > The + sign means the actual measurement is a little over the
      stated dimension and the - means it is a little less. So if the
      measurement was 2 10 1/2+ then the actual measurement is a little
      over 1/2". This would be easier to pick up if you gave us the
      smallest fraction used. Let's say everything is in 1/4" increments,
      then the +/- would take you to the +1/8 or -1/8" from the stated
      point.