1741Re: [AtkinBoats] Twinkle Twinkle little boat

  • Kenneth Grome
    Jan 2, 2008
      Hi Russ,

      I would guess that this boat should not be driven any faster than 15-20
      mph. One clue here is the last sentence in the description where Atkin

      "Remember Twinkle is not a racing boat."

      The hull design with its straight run and flat bottom aft suggest that
      it is designed to be a planing boat, so it could probably be driven
      faster than this with a bigger engine.

      But if you use a 10 HP inboard and it won't push the boat faster than
      say 15 mph, higher theoretical speeds won't really matter anyways.

      Ken Grome
      Bagacay Boatworks

      > Quick question. On the Atkin's tunnel boat Twinkle. With the maximum
      > recommended horse power of 9 what would the top speed be? The Atkin's
      > prose warns that she is not a speed boat. This power would be
      > provided by an air cooled motor and rpm stepped down with pulleys (no
      > reverse).
      > I'm trying to get a wheel size from Michigan and they want this info.
      > thanks for the help.
      > Russ
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic