1739[AtkinBoats] Re: Tresarus, Fore An' Aft

  • Elaina McCartney
    Dec 31, 2007
      Hi John,
      I noticed those gorgeous pictures of Scarlet Queen on the Atkin Fore
      An' Aft web page, love those red sails. Tresarus' stem and knee
      replacement is happening as we speak, and going very well. If you
      are doing something similar, it would be great to see pictures. About
      five years ago she had some transom work done, and in both that
      project and this one, a bit of the strip planking redone here and
      there. She's ~50 years old and still thriving. I expect her next
      "request" will be new covering boards--presently they're structurally
      sound where it counts (e.g. at the running backstays) but there are a
      couple spots that looks like they'll want attention soon. I'd like
      to make the WoodenBoat show one of these years, and if I do will
      definitely look for you and Pat!

      Happy New Year,