1737Re: Tresarus, Fore An' Aft

  • jfrodigh
    Dec 31 3:58 PM
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "elaina.mccartney"
      <elaina.mccartney@...> wrote:

      > Hi--I'm the current owner of Tresarus, built after the Fore An' Aft in
      > the late 50s by Russell Dyer. My brother Mike owned and sailed
      > Tresarus for thousands of miles between Massachusetts and Maine for
      > about 15 years before I took over in 2003. Her home port is now
      > Ithaca, NY on Cayuga Lake, but I hope to get her back to salt water
      > eventually. I've been doing some restoration to keep her healthy, and
      > am interested in copies of sketches and plans. Also interested in
      > photographs that anyone might have of Tresarus. --Elaina McCartney

      Hello Elaina, I too have a Fore an Aft, it is pictured on Pat Atkins
      site under Fore an Aft, and is the boat with scarlet sails, reason
      being the Scarlet Queen, later changed to Pilgrim. I am restoring her
      hopefully to a very good state. I saw the pictures of Tresarus on
      Flickr, I was on my knees with delight! My restoration is almost a
      duplicate of what has been done to your boat. I will be working the
      Wooden Boat Show with Pat at the Atkin Boat plan booth and would love
      to post some of your pictures.

      I will contact you again, happy New Year, best wishes, John
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic