168Re: [AtkinBoats] IDLE TIME

    Apr 4, 2004
      Thanks for the report from NJ. It's already boating weather here in Oregon's
      Willamette Valley. I was going to go for a sail Friday afternoon, but it was
      a might windy -- a gust of 29 mph at the airport near my local mudhole!
      That's a little too exciting. <g> It was about perfect today, but I had too
      much stuff to do. Maybe Sunday. We had our first messabout of the season
      last weekend. It only rained a little and we had a great time, despite the
      absence of wind:

      I've got a bunch of boat maintenance and repairs to do that I was going to
      do in the cold months, but kept putting off. Now I've gotta get them done
      before the Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Festival in three weeks! Fortunately,
      nothing that'll lay my sailboat up for any amount of time.

      Likewise with motorcycle repairs. Work that should have taken a couple of
      days, at most, has drawn itself out into weeks. First I discovered I'd
      forgotten to buy a very special seal ahead of time (or lost it), so off went
      an order to Indiana. Then a valve adjuster broke (luckily while I was
      adjusting it, not on the road!), so off went another order. The adjuster got
      here the other day, but it has the wrong threads! So off went another order
      to Indiana. Meanwhile, it's been perfect motorcycle weather this week...

      So that's what's happening in around here...

      On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 03:16:38 -0000, Richie wrote:
      > HELLO ALL.... rich L here. finally received the plans for the RESCUE
      > MINOR same as i had in the book but glad to have them anyway. been
      > cleaning up shop really good for more room, have a smsll project of
      > rebuilding a small locomotive and car used by local volunter fire co.
      > for its annual fund raising 3 days in august... but while i had a few
      > moments i decided to build another homebuilt piroque or type of canoe
      > possibly with an outrigger or two , will see, for rowing with
      > outrigger or paddling on river here for a quick get away vessel to
      > use on nice days,, have built several in times past always liked the
      > outrigger canoe, so will pick up a couple sheets of 1/4 inc plywood ,
      > knock together 3 frames and an outside chine for quick assembly,
      > built sevveral models in last few days looks good, always another
      > boat to keep up the interest. that what is going on here on the nj
      > coast, waiting for warmed weather and get the rowing boat overboard
      > with the line in the water,,, have fun RICHIE L....

      John <jkohnen@...>
      Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless
      they meet two conditions:
      1. He is a Greek
      2. He is a Fisherman <Roy Blount Jr.>
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic