1645Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Shaft seal like the one Robb While used ...

  • Kenneth Grome
    Aug 16, 2007
      > I also remember reading that Robb changed to
      > a conventional shaft seal after hearing that the
      > ceramic types, when failing, failed suddenly with
      > no warning at all.

      Hi Lewis,

      Thanks for this information.

      Do you happen to remember where you heard or read this? If so can you
      point me to the reference? I'm asking because I thought I had read
      everything there is to read about Robb's Rescue Minor, and this is news
      to me.

      I don't know much about ceramic shaft seals either. Maybe they fail
      catastrophically and maybe they don't. I'm reading about them now ...

      Sincerely,
      Ken Grome
      Bagacay Boatworks
      www.bagacayboatworks.com