1546Re: Alajeula 38

  • atkinpat
    Jun 16, 2007
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "themightyatlantis"
      <themightyatlantis@...> wrote:

      > Hello All.
      > I am in Melbourne Australia and have recently purchased an Alajuela
      38
      > named Atlantis. Its sail number is 12. The story from the broker
      was
      > that the boat was sailed out from America to Australia, via every
      > atoll that ever broke sea level and judging by the charts I have
      > inherited that part at least appears true. Evidently upon arrival
      the
      > skipper met a lady who didn't like sailing and so the boat sat on
      the
      > hard stand for 17 years and into dis-repair. It was broken into and
      > several things stolen including the hatch, so you can imagine the
      > condition it was in when we bought it. The boat was pretty sad to
      say
      > the least when we bought it, but 6 months of hard and full time
      toil is
      > beginning to show. We are now very proud of our boat and love the
      > comments from admirers. Can any-one advise if this the right site to
      > chat with other ALA 38 owners or if not where to? Looking forward to
      > hearing from you.

      Since no one has answered you I will! The
      ALAJUELA 38 was designed from Williasm Atkin's INGRID without
      permission. The boats were first build by Don Chaphan in
      California. It is really a long story and the best thing to do is
      get a copy of BEST BOATS by Ferenc Mate, published by Albatross Pub.
      in Canada. There is a very informative chapter on the whole
      situation. Hope this is helpful. Pat Atkin
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic