1538Alajeula 38

  • themightyatlantis
    May 26, 2007
      Hello All.
      I am in Melbourne Australia and have recently purchased an Alajuela 38
      named Atlantis. Its sail number is 12. The story from the broker was
      that the boat was sailed out from America to Australia, via every
      atoll that ever broke sea level and judging by the charts I have
      inherited that part at least appears true. Evidently upon arrival the
      skipper met a lady who didn't like sailing and so the boat sat on the
      hard stand for 17 years and into dis-repair. It was broken into and
      several things stolen including the hatch, so you can imagine the
      condition it was in when we bought it. The boat was pretty sad to say
      the least when we bought it, but 6 months of hard and full time toil is
      beginning to show. We are now very proud of our boat and love the
      comments from admirers. Can any-one advise if this the right site to
      chat with other ALA 38 owners or if not where to? Looking forward to
      hearing from you.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic