1463Re:Has anyone ever actually built Restless?

  • darrylhammonds
    Feb 19, 2007
      Below is an email from a Westerbeke dealer in California concerning the W70GA engine I
      was considering for Restless.

      Dear Mr. Hammonds,

      Thank you for your inquiry on the Westerbeke W-70GA. Pricing is as follows:

      W-70 w/ ZF 25M 2.7:1 Transmission 11,232.00 + Shipping
      W-70 - Bobtail 8,698.00 + Shipping.

      This engine would have to be built and shipped from Westerbeke in Taunton, MA.

      If you have any questions, please contact me at 714/ 373-8099 or e-mail @

      Best regards,

      Rod Mendenhall
      TDC Equipment Inc.
      15886 Manufacture Lane
      Huntington Beach, CA. 92649
      714/ 373-8099
      714/ 898-1996-fax

      Wow, thats alot of money for a 66hp gas engine considering I can get a brand new Volvo
      Penta 3.0L with ZF45C trans for about $6 grand! I suppose Restless is a dead design as I
      am definately not putting that kind of cash out. I suppose I need to go to Westlawn and
      lean how to design runabouts for todays motors.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic