1445Re: [AtkinBoats] Has anyone ever actually built Restless?

    Feb 16, 2007
      The 133 cu. in. engine Wm. Atkin speced for Restless probably put out
      about 50 hp., maybe less. That was enough to push Restless plenty fast
      enough, 175 hp. is ridiculous overpowering.

      On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 02:46:28 -0800, darryl wrote:

      > Has anyone ever actually built Restless? I am an experienced
      > woodworker and this will be my first boat. I got the set of plans
      > from an old copy of MoToR BoatinG Vol. 8 that I bought off of eBay.
      > I am going to put an Atkins Marine Mazada 13B engine in it. 175hp at
      > 400lbs with ZF tranny. I just think that a Volvo 3.0L/ZF Trans would
      > be too much weight for this little boat. Any thoughts?

      John <jkohnen@...>
      One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous
      citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases
      which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for
      independence. <Charles A. Beard>
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic