      From: alankornhauser
      To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:02 AM
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] Re: ordering of boatplans

      It's obvious that a lot of work went into setting up the Atkin website,
      and from the large number of references and links that appear in
      various forums it's clearly a valuable resource for boatbuilders.

      Setting up a website is one thing, but setting up a secure website
      where money can change hands on-line is something much more
      complicated. Few small businesses do it themselves; most rely on a
      portal such as Amazon, Ebay, or Paypal to handle the ordering.

      I'm not surprised that Mrs. Atkin wants to keep things simple. Let's
      be thankful for this wonderful resource and not complain if we have to
      do a few things the old-fashioned way.