      From: renne2001
      To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 11:20 PM
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] LOOKING FOR TRENDAWAY

      I'm looking for a boat I used to own in Sausalito, CA in the
      early '70s. She ia a 36' Atkin design ketch named Trendaway - LOA
      about 42'. I don't believe the name would have been changed because
      it was carved into the transom (but of course, anything is possible).
      She is built from mahogany over oak frames in approx 1942, 12 tons
      and was also documented with the number carved into an overhead
      support in the main salon.

      She had an unfortunate accident where she broke away from a mooring
      behind Ondine's and actually ran into the Spinaker restaurant in
      Sausalito - cracked a few frames and broke her mizzen in half. I sold
      her the following year to someone from Antioch, CA whose name I can't
      remember.

      This was not her first accident. She had a much more serious one in
      Roatonga where her port side sustained damage when she caught up on
      Black Rock. There was quite a story in getting her off, but that was
      before we met...

      The web site picture URL- she is all the way at the bottom of the
      page. http://www.thedivecentre-rarotonga.com/divesites.html

      I would appreciate it if anyone has any information regarding her
      whereabouts in CA (probably).

      Thanks,

      Diane St James