1274Re: Rescue Minor Power

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Sep 1, 2006
      Good point, Ron. I forgot about that bit. --Rob

      In the March/April 2006 issue of Wooden Boat, in the article he wrote
      on his adaptation of the Rescue Minor, Rob White says regarding the
      offset motor/driveshaft:

      "... the boat runs with a slight "weather" helm to starbord. I ws
      going to fix that with a little trim tab on the rudder, but I
      discovered that if you turn loose the tiller with the throttle wide
      open, the boat will begin to circle and soon tighten the cirle unitl
      it is slowly pivoting around and around ... A man overboard could
      easily get back in."

      So, after using the boat extensively, it looks like he would build the