1272Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Rescue Minor Model

    Aug 31, 2006
      The plans show the top of the reverse V going aft pretty straight from the
      sternpost, look at the body plan on the lines to get a better idea. What
      might look like a downward curve on the profile is actually the top of the
      rudder. I think Rich got the shape right in his model.

      On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:43:17 -0700, windmill4048 wrote:

      > In comparing them to the plans it looks like the model does not
      > capture the tunnel shape well at all. The plans show an arc in the
      > top of the tunnel running from the forward end to the aft end. I
      > don't see that present in the model pictures. It may just be my
      > poor eyesight. Was that one of the simplifying moves that had to be
      > made to make the construction work?
      >
      > This shape is important, suspect, since it would tend to add a bit
      > of fluid dynamic lift to the flow of the water running under the
      > boat. I keep seeing ol' Bernoulli hanging around there.

      Eels are said to kelter in the water when they wamble.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic