1271Re: Rescue Minor Model

  • windmill4048
    Aug 31, 2006
      Thanks for posting the model photos.

      In comparing them to the plans it looks like the model does not
      capture the tunnel shape well at all. The plans show an arc in the
      top of the tunnel running from the forward end to the aft end. I
      don't see that present in the model pictures. It may just be my
      poor eyesight. Was that one of the simplifying moves that had to be
      made to make the construction work?

      This shape is important, suspect, since it would tend to add a bit
      of fluid dynamic lift to the flow of the water running under the
      boat. I keep seeing ol' Bernoulli hanging around there.

      > Here are some of the photos Rich Ledergerber sent me:
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/sets/72157594259565340/
      > He decided to go with frames and lighter plywood rather than the
      3/4" ply
      > and just a few bulkheads and floors called for in the plans. I
      wonder if
      > Rich ever started building the real thing. Are you out there Rich?
      > --
      > John <jkohnen@...>
      > Heaven, as conventionally conceived, is a place so inane, so
      > dull, so useless, so miserable, that nobody has ever ventured to
      > describe a whole day in heaven, though plenty of people have
      > described a day at the seashore. <G. B. Shaw>
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic