1270Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Rescue Minor Power

  • Ron Butterfield
    Aug 31, 2006
      On 8/30/06, mrweswhite <mrweswhite@...> wrote:
      > I do think that, if he could do
      > it all over again, he would just line everything up straight.

      In the March/April 2006 issue of Wooden Boat, in the article he wrote
      on his adaptation of the Rescue Minor, Rob White says regarding the
      offset motor/driveshaft:

      "... the boat runs with a slight "weather" helm to starbord. I ws
      going to fix that with a little trim tab on the rudder, but I
      discovered that if you turn loose the tiller with the throttle wide
      open, the boat will begin to circle and soon tighten the cirle unitl
      it is slowly pivoting around and around ... A man overboard could
      easily get back in."

      So, after using the boat extensively, it looks like he would build the
      offset if he had to do it all over again.

      --
      Regards,
      RonB