1224Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Lewis' Boat

    Jul 28, 2006
      There's a 16' outboard semidory in Classic Small Craft but 40 hp. is
      probably too much for it, the 18' version in The Dory Book might take it.
      Gardner's plans call for a plywood garboard strake, but that could easily
      be replaced by two or three conventional planks -- lapped of course.

      On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:08:01 -0700, Rob wrote:

      > SkiffAmerica would be too heavy in plank on frame. I'd stick with
      > something designed for it. Culler or Atkin, probably. MIght also look
      > through the Gardner books. I seem to remember a semi-dory power skiff
      > that might work. Can't remember whether it was in Classic Small Craft or
      > the Dory Book.

      One must have a heart of stone to read the death of Little Nell
      by Dickens without laughing. <Oscar Wilde>
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic