1179Re: Flat bottoms

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Jul 11, 2006
      You know, maybe I overstate the whole flat bottom=rough ride on L Michigan thing. I just rememberd that people use Dovekies on L Michigan and they're flat. They do get rough goign to windward in the chop you get at 20 mph of wind, but I guess they can handle it.

      Of course a Dovekie is very different from Excelsior. That big enclosed cabin is your reserve buoyancy! The closest home-buildable design would be something like Bolger's birdwatcher.

      --Rob