1169Flat Bottoms

  • Dennis
    Jul 7, 2006
      The Atkins loved skiffs, it seems, and built them in a variety of
      sizes. They waxed poetic about their virtues (let's leave aside the
      ease of construction) with respect to their sailing qualities and I am
      almost convinced by their prose. However, I would like to hear from
      some skiff sailors who have experience with the type. I know John
      Kohnen owns and sails one. Are they as worthy as the Atkins seem to
      think? I would appreciate any feedback since I am particularly
      interested in the larger sized open skiffs (e.g., Excelsior). Thanks,
      Dennis
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic