      Date: Wed May 31, 2006 12:58 am (PDT)
      From: "Kenneth Grome" bagacayboatworks@...
      Subject: Re: CVT

      It is also possible to reverse the direction of rotation with a v-belt and four sheaves.

      My old Corvair car's fan was driven by a long V-belt that twisted 90 degrees on two "direction-changing" pulleys positioned in between the drive pulley and the fan pulley, thus changing the rotation from horizontal to vertical. If the belt stayed on the intermediate pulleys for an additional 90 degrees it would have resulted in a full 180 degree change in rotation.

      Kenneth Grome
      Bagacay Boatworks