1096Re: Larger Seabrights

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    May 29, 2006
      Robb was definitely interested in Little Water. But he was working hardest on a SMALLER version of Rescue Minor. Like 12 feet and 7 hp or so. Sort of like a tunnel version of his Sport Boat. Sure with he'd lived to finish that one.

      Anyhow, I hope you have better than average luck with the resale value of the Rescue Minor, but unfortunately, homebuilt boats seldom go for more than the cost of materials. Though I sincerely hope you can do well on it if there's enough of us Atkin nerds who'd love a Rescue Minor but don't have time or space to build.

      As for larger seabrights, yeah, Little Water looks great. So do Nanuk III and one of my favorites in Spermaciti. But these all draw quite a bit more water, so you don't get to do some of the things that Rescue Minor can do. Something to be aware of.

      --Rob