Fertile Crescent

  • juditheileen21
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
      Greetings to the Group,

      I am looking for ideas for what the women were wearing in the Lebanon-Syria area in the 1400s - 1500s. Any suggestions for books I should find?

      Thanks,

      Judith Anne
    • Paula
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
        These are the books I am going to be looking at:

        The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Clothing Through World History: 1501-1800

         By Jill Condra

        Traditional Textiles of Central Asia

        by Janet Harvey

        Women's costume of the Near and Middle East

         By Jennifer M. Scarce

        Leticia

        Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 9:02 AM
        Subject: [Aten_Clothiers] Fertile Crescent

        Greetings to the Group,

        I am looking for ideas for what the women were wearing in the Lebanon-Syria area in the 1400s - 1500s.  Any suggestions for books I should find?

        Thanks,

        Judith Anne

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Aten_Clothiers-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Aten_Clothiers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
        Henry Brooks Adams 1838 – 1918