Francesca's Persian

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
      Hi all,

      I have the fabric and I'm ready to cut!!!

      Francesca will be in five layers counting the salwar (pants)
      1 Pirihan (chemise) - white cotton
      2 Salwar (pants) - lime green cotton
      3 Anteri 1 (short sleeved gown) - gold silk
      4 Anteri 2 (very long sleeved gown) - red linen
      5 Cross Over Coat (very long sleeved gown) - purple silk

      Please go to the photos section of the group page to see the conceptual drawing and the fabric swatches.

      Here is my list of willing seamstresses:
      Adelicia
      Aine
      Amy Marie - veil
      Angele - pirihan and painting letters on red anteri
      Ceridwen
      Eabha
      Helena - coronet
      Kateryn
      Maredudd
      Selina
      Serafina
      Sorcha

      Basically we have 4 garments which need to be spoken for. There are no embroideries, but the trim needs to be hand stitched on so the garment construction can be separate from the finishing. I would like the silk garments to have French seams and the linen to have run and fell seams. I am willing to teach these special seams!

      If you are still willing to be a part of this, please pick a piece!

      Thanks for being a willing "servant to the garb".
      Angele
    • Heather Jeffcott
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
        Heylo!

        For the coronet, is there a preference for felt or for leather? Or for leather lined with felt? Do I just get to go "Crazy?"

        LMK,

        Helena

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
          Hi,
          I am willing to sew a cotton garment, perhaps the pirihan?
          Serafina

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 10, 2009
                  I can stitch trim as well. however much you need.

                  Maredudd

                  ------
                  I am willing to sew the trim on at least one piece. And Viktoria is willing
                  to learn the run and fell seam for one of the linen pieces.

                  On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Diane <dianelynn@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > I have the fabric and I'm ready to cut!!!
                  >
                  > Francesca will be in five layers counting the salwar (pants)
                  > 1 Pirihan (chemise) - white cotton
                  > 2 Salwar (pants) - lime green cotton
                  > 3 Anteri 1 (short sleeved gown) - gold silk
                  > 4 Anteri 2 (very long sleeved gown) - red linen
                  > 5 Cross Over Coat (very long sleeved gown) - purple silk
                  >
                  > Please go to the photos section of the group page to see the conceptual
                  > drawing and the fabric swatches.
                  >
                  > Here is my list of willing seamstresses:
                  > Adelicia
                  > Aine
                  > Amy Marie - veil
                  > Angele - pirihan and painting letters on red anteri
                  > Ceridwen
                  > Eabha
                  > Helena - coronet
                  > Kateryn
                  > Maredudd
                  > Selina
                  > Serafina
                  > Sorcha
                  >
                  > Basically we have 4 garments which need to be spoken for. There are no
                  > embroideries, but the trim needs to be hand stitched on so the garment
                  > construction can be separate from the finishing. I would like the silk
                  > garments to have French seams and the linen to have run and fell seams. I am
                  > willing to teach these special seams!
                  >
                  > If you are still willing to be a part of this, please pick a piece!
                  >
                  > Thanks for being a willing "servant to the garb".
                  > Angele

                • Diane Lynn
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 10, 2009
                    First of all...........

                    you guys are cool!

                    Thank you to everyone who is so willing to make this event in Francesca's life a memorable and beautiful one.  Here is the list so far:

                    White Pirahan - Angele and Serafina
                    Green Salwar - Sorcha
                    Gold Anteri 1 - Viktoria and Aine
                    Red Anteri 2 - Saragrace and Angele painting words
                    Purple Cross Over Coat - Kateryn
                    Red Tiara (coronet) - Helena
                    Veils - Amy Marie and Maredudd

                    If you do not see your name, do not worry.  We will have button loops and possibly beading to do after the construction.

                    I will be able to deliver pieces to fighter practice on Thursday, July 16 unless we make other arrangements.

                    Thanks again!
                    Angele