RE: [btmclothiers] Dress Form Help?

  • Saragrace Knauf
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi Ceridwen - I have made a bunch of these from ducttape.  I am pretty Unbusy....I'd love to help you.

      Saragrace

      > To: btmclothiers@yahoogroups.com
      > From: desertdreameraz@...
      > Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:09:02 -0700
      > Subject: [btmclothiers] Dress Form Help?
      >
      > Greetings, everyone!
      >
      > Since we have a bit of a hiatus, and I'm limited on torch time for the
      > summer (too hot!), I'm turning to other projects. I'd very much like to
      > make myself a dress form to save money and get something accurate. Does
      > anyone have experience with making one with duct tape or otherwise?
      >
      > Ceridwen

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > mailto:btmclothiers-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:btmclothiers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Saragrace Knauf
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
        www.thistle-threads.com/blog (The first part of the story)
        It continues here: http://thistle-threads.com/blog/

        The embroidery is almost done - can't wait to see the finished project!

        I'd love to do a group project like this.....

        Sg

      • tracemonster
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
          That is quite beautiful.

          --- In btmclothiers@yahoogroups.com, Saragrace Knauf <wickedfrau@...> wrote:

          > www.thistle-threads.com/blog (The first part of the story)
          > It continues here: http://thistle-threads.com/blog/
          >

          > The embroidery is almost done - can't wait to see the finished project!
          >
          > I'd love to do a group project like this.....
          >
          > Sg

        • Diane Lynn
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
            Ah yes, I've been following this story myself.  I haven't read it through, how long did it take the embroiderers?  I would get immensely bored doing more than a sleeve or collar and the finished piece would definitely belong in a museum!

            Can you imagine the amount of planning just to wrangle the volunteers?!

            Angele