      From: Diane Lynn <dianelynn@...>
      To: Aten_Clothiers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:46 AM
      Subject: [Aten_Clothiers] Aggravating Silk Thread

      I need help!

      I am helping with Tatiana’s elevation gown by embroidering her shirt collar. I have never used silk thread to embroider with before. (I KNOW! Right?) Here’s my issue: my hands are so rough that I keep snagging the thread. My hands are nowhere NEAR as rough as Leot’s (sorry Leot for throwing you under the bus) but I’m destroying the thread. I have put on hand lotion  which helps a little. I slather lotion on at night hoping my hands with be soft and smooth in the morning. It helps a little. I wash with a moisturizing hand soap quite often because the plague is still going around my house and I don’t want to use too much lotion for fear it will soil the collar.

      My questions are:
      Is there anything I can coat the thread with which might help with this problem?
      What the HECK did people in period do about rough hands?
      Was the silk thread different in period?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic