[AtGen] FW: Mini-zip computer virus

  • Wiener, Joe
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 1999
      Subject: Mini-zip computer virus

      COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!
      The mini-zip virus has recently hit a number of large companies, including
      Dell's shipping computer system.
      The mini-zip virus e-mails itself out as an attachment with the filename
      "zipped_files.exe." Anti-virus software has difficulty detecting this virus
      because the virus is contained in a compressed file. The body of the e-mail
      message looks like it came from a regular e-mail correspondent and says:
      "I received your email and I shall send you a reply ASAP. Till then, take a
      look at the attached zipped docs."

      Following is an example of the 'mini-zip' e-mail:

      <<...>>

      If you receive an e-mail similar to the one pictured above, "DO NOT OPEN THE
      ATTACHMENT"